Sunday, December 6, 2015

Fangirl Update: 11/29 - 12/5--Back to Anime


Sorry for my absence; I took a week off to finish NaNoWriMo! But now that I'm back, it's time to catch up on all the shows and news I've fallen behind on. This week's links include the renewal of an old favorite show, a new legal stream, and one of the strangest pieces of anime merchandise I've seen!

Jack is Back! Samurai Jack will be returning on Cartoon Network's Toonami block next year! I didn't follow the show too closely as a kid, but I was always stunned by the animation when it was on. I can hardly wait to see more of it!

What Makes Kyoto Animation Special? An excellent breakdown of one of the most popular animation studios in anime fandom!

Salior Stars Has a Premiere Date! The part of Sailor Moon that has never had an official English release will soon be streamed legally for the first time!

Yo-Kai Watch Sells 10 Billion Copies Worldwide. I haven't gotten my hands on this game myself yet, but it sounds like it's starting to be the international success that the license holders were pushing for.

Anime Butt Pillows Are a Thing Now. Ever wondered if anime merch could get more ridiculous than boob mouse pads? Now you know!

Any news that I missed out on? Mention it in the comments below!

Screenshots are from Funimation.com. Please support official simulcasts.

~

Want to support posts like this one? Check out Subdued Fangirling's Patreon! Backers get to vote on which series I cover and photo previews on figure reviews! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment