Monday, December 14, 2015

12 Days of Anime Teachers--#12: Shining Saotome

Uta no Prince-sama Season 3 Shining Saotome Screencap 1

Happy Holidays everyone! Once again, this year I’m participating in the 12 Days of Anime blogging project! I’ve participated every year the blog has been active, and it’s a tradition that I like to keep up!

But this year, I’m doing something a little different. As some of you know, I was absent for a lot of this past year because I was finishing up school to get my teaching credential. I’m an official teacher now! …Well, I don’t have a full -time job just yet, but I have the ability to get one! And with that shift in my life I noticed that my focus was starting to shift towards teacher characters in anime, or at least teachable moments. So for this year’s 12 Days of Anime, I present to you 12 Days of Anime Teachers! These posts are in no particular order (it’s really just the order that I finish them in), but I hope that you enjoy my choices all the same!

So, without further ado, let’s get started!

Uta no Prince-sama Season 3 Shining Saotome Screencap 2

This year, the impossible happened. UtaPri was not the best show to air during its season. After its first two seasons, UtaPri was as ridiculous as ever but somehow lost its spark. A lot of fans on Twitter placed the blame on the show’s increased focus on Quartet Night, but the Starish episodes didn’t bring their best to the table either…

However, the good news is that one thing never changes: Shining Saotome.

Uta no Prince-sama Season 3 Shining Saotome Screencap 3
We were never worthy.
Saotome is the only character who is aware that this season is subpar, and he spends the entire time demanding the best from the group. He’s only satisfied when the cliffhanger ending happens, which was easily the best part of the entire show.

Uta no Prince-sama Season 3 Shining Saotome Screencap 4
This man knows what he wants
Shining is a man of high ideals and impeccable taste, so perfection in his students is mandatory. Keep holding the series up, Shining! I’m rooting for you!

Uta no Prince-sama Season 3 Shining Saotome Screencap 5
When was the last time you saw an idol teacher punch a screen?
Screenshots are from Crunchyroll.com. Please support official simulcasts.

~

Want to support posts like this one? Check out Subdued Fangirling's Patreon! Backers get to vote on which series I cover and photo previews on figure reviews! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment