Friday, December 23, 2011

12 Moments of Anime: #3--Hide and Seek

Ano Hana Screenshot 1

An emotional end to an emotional series.

Ano Hana Screenshot 2 Ano Hana Screenshot 3 Ano Hana Screenshot 4

I didn't actually watch this while it was airing. Somehow, I just knew that this would be the kind of show where I wouldn't be able to wait until the next week to see what would happen. So I avoided spoilers on the internet and waited until the final episode came out to marathon the series. And man, was it a roller coaster ride. But my favorite part was the end, when for at least a moment, they all could see Menma again. It was a great cathartic moment, and beautifully tied up the themes running through the series. This scene easily made this show one of my favorites from this year.

Images from Random Curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment