Friday, July 10, 2015

Million Doll First Impressions--Fake Idol Fans

Million Doll First Impressions Screenshot 1

Otaku fight about idol popularity over Twitter. Most realistic show this season.

Million Doll First Impressions Screenshot 2
...Well, as long as you don't count the CGI.
Million Doll First Impressions Screenshot 3 Million Doll First Impressions Screenshot 4

This does look like a fun short though. The two otaku characters are at completely different ends of the spectrum (one’s a blogging hikkikomori and the other is a guy who just likes what’s popular) and even within the short runtime there was already a lot of grandstanding about being a “real fan,” so I was pretty entertained. In related news, I have found my hateship for this season.

Million Doll First Impressions Screenshot 5

Downside is that the idol characters were pretty bland, but this episode made it feel like the otaku subculture is the focus here, and I’m fine with that.

Images from Crunchyroll.com. Please support the official simulcast.

2 comments:

  1. Dunno, I'm perfectly happy to not have my boobs talking to me, although I feel like I need to use that gif of Hajime shutting up Katze with a roundhouse kick in my life more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was incredible. I love how Hajime's method of dealing with Katze is to just ignore him and kick him occasionally. XD

    ReplyDelete