Saturday, July 11, 2015

Durarara!!x2 Ten First Impressions--Izaya Has No Friends: The Episode

Durarara!!x2 Ten First Impressions Screenshot 1

After a season where I watched the Durarara animation literally melt before my eyes, I started to wonder if I’d stopped caring about the series during its long absence, if the series had lost its touch, or a combination of both. Then this episode completely won me back by dedicating most of its air time to Izaya trolling people from the hospital because no one came to see him after his stabbing and he had nothing better to do.

Durarara!!x2 Ten First Impressions Screenshot 2 Durarara!!x2 Ten First Impressions Screenshot 3 Durarara!!x2 Ten First Impressions Screenshot 4
LOL

Animation issues from last season aside, I think my main issue with Durarara is that I care about everything except the teenager gang war, and yet it insists on focusing on that. However, as long as it keeps cycling back to the other characters, I’ll keep coming back for this show.

Durarara!!x2 Ten First Impressions Screenshot 5 Durarara!!x2 Ten First Impressions Screenshot 6

Or maybe I’ll just watch the parts where Izaya messes with people.

Images from Crunchyroll.com. Please support the official simulcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment