Sunday, March 8, 2015

Status Update: Subdued Fangirling is on Hiatus

Shirobako Screenshot 1


TL;DR I'm really bad at keeping New Year's Resolutions.

I didn't want to have to say this, but since the month of February passed without me posting anything and with no chance of my current schedule letting up anytime soon, I'm officially going on hiatus.

For those of you that don't know what's been going on with me recently, I'm getting a teaching credential in English. I'm not sure yet if I want to teach middle school or high school (since I have experience with both, and each has its pros and cons), but if this crazy schedule has taught me anything, it's that I really do want to do this and make a career out of it.

However, that same schedule has forced me to stop pretending that I'll be able to keep up with anime fandom, at least not until graduation. Right now I'm student teaching in the mornings, working in the afternoons, and at class in the evenings. I'm lucky if I get to glance at Twitter or Tumblr, let alone watch even one episode of anime. This also means that blogging has come to a complete halt. Case in point: it's taken me nearly two weeks just to write this blog post.

Shriobako Screenshot 2
Basically, I feel Shirobako on a spiritual level right now.
So in summary: I'm not dead, but school is trying very hard to kill me. I'm still keeping up with the Attack on Titan manga, but I don't have the time to do the lengthy breakdown/meta posts for each chapter right now. Honestly, that is what bugs me the most about my schedule--I want to share my theories, dammit! Figure reviews are also on hold, since I don't have the time to dedicate to figure photoshoots either.

I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to come back in full force by May, but in the worst-case scenario I'll be back in mid-June. In the meantime, I still check in every now and again on Twitter and Instagram if you want to see what I'm up to. Until then, I'll be out defeating my own personal Colossal Titan! Wish me luck!

Images from Crunchyroll.com.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you won't be making it for the upcoming Spring Season, but hang in there, and hope to see you at least for Summer! Fight-oh!
    Yona: If you've enjoyed Yona, I'd strongly suggest following the manga now. There's even more adventures in store, and a lot of the Yellow Dragon's character development happens in the later (and latest) chapters. He's not what he seems at first glance.
    Gatchaman Crowds: Season 2 is slated for this Summer.You may need to watch the director's cut of Season 1's final episode, "Embrace", to get a fuller ending, and the Hajime-Berg showdown. US distributors were unable to licence the cut, so unofficial streaming sites may be your best friend here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely be here for Summer! :D And I've been really enjoying Yona, to the point that I want to cosplay as her! I'm hoping that the anime adaptation will mean an English license for the manga...
    And I knew about the Gatchaman Crowds sequel, but I didn't know that it was this summer! I will definitely track down that episode.

    ReplyDelete