Monday, December 24, 2012

12 Days of Anime--#2: Rider's Final Battle

Fate/Zero Rider Screenshot 1

In the background: accurate representation of my tears when I watched this episode.

Fate/Zero Rider Screenshot 2

While the second half of Fate/Zero was a fun ride, the only aspect of it that felt fully realized was the arc involving Waver and Rider. This duo made the entire show for me, and I'm happy to put them on my 12 Days list for the second year in a row.

Fate/Zero Rider and Waver Screenshot

By the time they reach the final battle with Gilgamesh, the two are equals in each other's respect. Waver has let go of his command seals, and they are no longer Master and Servant. They are a king and his retainer. And even though Rider himself isn't sure he'll win, he's determined to fight his hardest anyway.

Fate/Zero Rider Screenshot 3

And he goes out like a badass.

Images from Crunchyroll.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment