Monday, July 2, 2012

Chitose Get You! First Impressions--It's a Show About Nothing!

Chitose Get You! Screenshot 1

I guess this is one way to kick off the summer season.

Chitose Get You! Screenshot 2 Chitose Get You! Screenshot 3 Chitose Get You! Screenshot 4

The show is only three minutes long, so it's relatively harmless but... I honestly don't know why this was picked for an adaptation. There are shows that have worked really well with the shorter format (look at Poyopoyo) but I can't say that Chitose handles it well, at least not in this first episode. There was nothing funny here, and it was clearly going for humor. It's a show about a girl who has convinced herself that she's fallen in love. That's it. They do nothing with it, which I imagine has to do with time constraints. I can see this becoming a bit more amusing once the characters and the situtation are established a bit more, but there was nothing here to grab me. I don't hate it, but I'm not going back to it either.

Images from Crunchyroll.com. Part of the OASG Summer Evaluations.

No comments:

Post a Comment