Friday, September 4, 2015

Fall 2015 Watchlist


There are still a few weeks left to go before the Fall anime season begins, but it’s never too early to put a watchlist together! Here are the series that I’m planning on checking out this October!

Dance With Devils

On the one hand, I tend to enjoy watching reverse harems, no matter how silly or ridiculous some of them end up being. On the other hand, the premise of this show—a girl discovers that demons have taken a liking to her—reminds me of Diabolik Lovers, which I did not enjoy at all. However, there’s so little information for Dance With Devils that I can’t figure out if it’ll be in that same style or not. For now, I’m taking the plunge if this is picked up for simulcast.

Haikyuu!! 2

The first season of this show caught me off guard with how engrossing the characters are. It kind of reminds me of Kuroko’s Basketball, although with less focus on crazy powers and more on the interpersonal relationships. Also, this is the only volleyball anime that I’m aware of! I’m really excited to watch this group again and see how they grow and change from the first season!

Attack on Titan Junior High

This is it, this is the series I’m most excited for this season! The trailer looks like it’ll take the gag comedy moments one step further by parodying the cinematography in the anime version as well, which makes me wonder if they’ll do an anime production joke. In any case, even if it ends up being a short, this show will be enough to tide me over until the second season of the main series comes out next year!

Heavy Object

I’ve heard comparisons of this series to Attack on Titan, which is the main reason that I’m interested. I’m not sure how accurate that claim is, but the premise does make the world of this series sound pretty compelling. I’m very interested in the Objects themselves; they’re apparently built to withstand nuclear blasts and carry out wars by proxy, so I’m curious to see how that will look animated.

K: Return of Kings

Yes! This is the other title I’m hyped about for Fall, second only to Attack on Titan Junior High! The K movie still left a lot of plot threads unresolved, and there are several more kings that haven’t put in an appearance yet. I don’t know if this will be the finale, but I can’t wait to see where it goes!

Noragami Aragoto

I marathoned the first season of Noragami during the season after it aired and fell in love with it. Now I’m catching up on the manga, but I still haven’t gotten to the point where the first season left off—I’m aware that the end was anime original, but I don’t know about all the differences between the manga and the anime just yet—so this will still be new material for me! I’m glad that the first season did well enough for the anime to come back!

One Punch Man

I’ve heard bits and pieces about this series over the last year, but I wasn’t sold on it until Viz made their license announcement at Anime Expo this past July. I love series that make fun of genre conventions while still keeping what makes them fun, and One Punch Man appears to be exactly that. It’ll be fun to see how the anime handles the difference in art style with how Saitama appears vs. everyone else.

Seraph of the End 2

The first half of this felt like it took forever to get where it was going, and in the end I only cared about Mikaela and Yu’s relationship. However, the last few episodes teased that something bigger is going on than just the human vs. vampire war, and I’m hoping this half will address that. Or maybe I should just pick up the manga…

Young Black Jack

As I mentioned in my Manga Tag Game post, Black Jack is my favorite Tezuka manga, but it shows its age. Even though this is technically a prequel, a reboot with modern anime stylings sounds pretty cool! I’m definitely not excited because the character design for Black Jack is attractive. Nope. Not at all…


Yuri Yuri San☆Hai!

And finally, my favorite slice-of-life/yuri/comedy anime is coming back! I should dust my Akari Nendoroid in preparation, if I can find her… Hmm… I thought I put her right here…

Anyway, as usual, I may add or drop titles during the season based on my schedule and if they available legally. Otherwise, these are the titles that I’ll be covering with first impressions posts for sure! I’m also planning on going back to episodic blogging this upcoming season, and right now I have enough time to cover two shows! If there’s a show you really want to see me blog, supporters on Patreon for only a dollar a month get to vote on which series I cover over during the season! (Although I will say that I will be covering Attack on Junior High no matter what. That one is non-negotiable.)

What series are you planning to watch this fall? Let me know in the comments! See you next season!

All promotional art used in this post is the property of their respective owners. Top image is from the Kodansha USA release of Attack on Titan Junior High Please support official simulcasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment