Monday, December 22, 2014

12 Days of Anime 2014--#4: Escaping School With Kill la Kill

12 Days of Anime #4 Kill la Kill Image 1

It's easy to forget your busy schedule when one of the most exciting anime to air in 2014 is wrapping up!

(A/N: This post contains spoilers for the latter half of Kill la Kill.)

12 Days of Anime #4 Kill la Kill Image 2

Roughly the last five episodes of Kill la Kill are finale-worthy in and of themselves. Just when you think it can't get crazier, it does. Again and again. We jump from the revelation about Ryuko's past to alien clothes invasion to Satsuki and Ryouko switching sides to literally diving into Ryuko's mind right back to the true form of the alien clothes... And I'm sure I'm forgetting a plot twist or five in there. The build-up is just incredible.

12 Days of Anime #4 Kill la Kill Image 3

While this was airing, I was neck deep in putting together my grad thesis, so I only had time for one show. Kill la Kill ended up being it. I remember rushing to watch every episode to see what in the world had happened that week and having to avoid spoilers on Twitter until I saw it. The intensity of the show weirdly matched the intensity of my academic life, and it made for a great break from all the things I was working on.

So thanks Kill la Kill for being my escapism anime while I finished up my masters degree. I'm glad I picked you.

Images from Crunchyroll.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment