Friday, December 21, 2012

12 Days of Anime--#5: I Found My Anime Counterpart

Literature Girl Screenshot 1

Basically me IRL.

Literature Girl Screenshot 2

I found a lot of things relatable and hilarious in Daily Lives of High School Boys, but by far my favorite were the segments with the character dubbed the "literature girl" (not to be confused with Touko Amano). The first time she showed up had me in stitches, since in high school I also deliberately sought out people and situations similar to the novels that I wrote. I was never caught, but I would like to believe that people were just trying to be nice, like Hidenori.

Literature Girl Screenshot 3

Add this to the increasingly awkward slip-ups resulting in chasing her crush down to resolve a perceived misunderstanding, and you have how I deal with relationships. My favorite kind of humor is when you can see yourself in it, and it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who relates to her. Never change, Literature Girl. You are the embodiment of all hopeless-romantic-yet-socially-awkward high school girls.

Literature Girl Screenshot 4


Images from YouTube.

4 comments:

  1. So from now on, whenever I imagine how you are, you will always be literature girl. Yeah you said in high school, but forget that, I see you in one way now :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's going to be my Twitter avatar once the holidays are over, so I have no problem perpetuating the mental image. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. People in high school are never nice. I assume you were a literature girl with a knack for stealth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the very least I tried.

    ReplyDelete