Friday, January 13, 2012

Inu x Boku S.S. First Impressions--Foxes and Skeletons and Flying Scrolls, Oh My!

Inu x Boku SS First Impressions Screenshot 1

While I admit that this show is a collection of cliches, I love the way that they're presented here.

Inu x Boku SS First Impressions Screenshot 2 Inu x Boku SS First Impressions Screenshot 3 Inu x Boku SS First Impressions Screenshot 4

So the show is about a tsundere that doesn't want to be tsundere and her magical fox boyfriend. The magical fox boyfriend part was what got me interested when this series was first announced, but I wasn't expecting the rest of the cast to have magical monster affiliations as well, which was a pleasant surprise. However this doesn't come up until the end of the episode. The majority of the running time is spent on bouncing the two main characters off of each other, and they make a pretty funny pair while individually I probably would've gotten annoyed with them pretty quickly. I'm still undecided on whether I like the supporting cast or not, but flying scroll guy seems pretty funny. Since this is David Production, the guys behind Ben-To last season, this show also knows how to do it's fanservice right, working it into the scenes rather than just having a blatant pandering moment. Overall though, chances are you already know if you're going to like this or not just from reading the show synopsis that's on MAL. I love this kind of stuff, so if the show keeps this up I can easily see this becoming one of my favorite shows of the season.

Images from Crunchyroll.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment