Sunday, December 18, 2011

12 Moments of Anime: #8--Soul-Stealing Panda

Un-Go Inga Screenshot 1

On a slightly unrelated note before we begin... I want his hat.

Un-Go Inga Screenshot 2 Un-Go Inga Screenshot 3 Un-Go Inga Screenshot 4

I distinctly remember reading ANN's preview page about this show and thinking, "Wait a second... That's a guy?" From the promotional images alone, I'd been convinced that Inga was a girl. It turned out that I wasn't completely wrong... Inga has the ability to switch between the body of a young boy to the body of an adult woman. The latter of which has the power to make anyone answer one question. And eat their souls in a storm of butterflies. You know, the usual. And that's just the tip of the iceburg. With only one episode left to go in Un-Go, Inga is easily the most enigmatic character in anime this year. Enough has been revealed about him/her for the viewer to somewhat follow his intentions, but enough is left in the dark that you really don't know what he'll do next. Some people complained at the start of this series that Inga's power would ruin the series, but it honestly makes it more suspenseful. It's all about asking the right question. And keeping the panda under control.

Images from Crunchyroll.com.

3 comments:

  1. ... I want his hat.
    YES.

    I think no otherworldly being is as enigmatic and charismatic as Un-Go's Inga. Just an amazingly well done character all in all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is certainly on my list. At first, I thought it's "another" non-mystifying mystery anime but episode after episode it gets really better. Oh, Inga as a Pandalolicon is also a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mira

    I can't wait to see that extra episode that only came out in theaters. :D

    @snippette

    I completely agree! :D And "panda" is the new gender-neutral pronoun.

    ReplyDelete