Friday, December 16, 2011

12 Moments of Anime: #10--GUESS WHO'S BACK

Last Exile Dio Screenshot 1

Back again. Dio's back. Tell a friend.

Last Exile Dio Screenshot 2 Last Exile Dio Screenshot 3 Last Exile Dio Screenshot 4

You guys have no idea how happy I was. And I wasn't always a Dio fangirl; in fact, when I watched the first Last Exile, I spent most of the show hating him. At first he struck me as an annoying spoiled brat, and then later a creepy spoiled annoying brat. But that changed once we got into his backstory. I didn't exactly forgive him, but I understood why he acted the way that he did and cut back on the judgement. And it wasn't until that scene towards the end of the show that I realized how much he'd grown on me since then. It takes a lot for an anime to elicit a physical reaction from me (the majority of my "reactions" are usually mental), but for that scene, I gasped. So when the new Last Exile was announced, he was the first one to pop into my head. Wouldn't it be great to finally get a clear answer on what happened to him? But I never expected that he'd show up in the very first episode. It made my entire week, and the best part is that the novelty hasn't worn off yet. I still get extremely happy whenever I see him in an episode. Welcome back, Dio! I missed you!

Images from Hulu.com and Funimation.com.

2 comments:

  1. Dio is nice. Whatever happened to his sister? I can't remember..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @animekritik

    Good question. I don't remember either. XD

    ReplyDelete