Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Kimi to Boku. Episode 9--How to Use a Copier

Kimi to Boku Episode 9 Screenshot 1

You know you're in for an interesting day when your friend starts it off with a bad boob pun.

Kimi to Boku Episode 9 Screenshot 2
Kimi to Boku Episode 9 Screenshot 3
Kimi to Boku Episode 9 Screenshot 4

This episode begins the obligatory "school festival" story arc that every school-centric anime must go through, especially if it's a slice-of-life anime. This week is pretty much centered around Kaname and how much stuff he has to do, since he's both the class representative and a member of the student council. I knew that he was an overachiever, but I won't be surprised if he crashes and burns at some point, since that seems like way too much for one person to handle. Of course, that doesn't mean that the others can't have their time in the spotlight; who doesn't want to skip homeroom to try the eco-friendly cardboard train? I'm pretty sure that I tried something similar to this in elementary school, so I knew right away where it was going, but the results were still entertaining. I also really liked the copy machine scene since I'm a student worker at an office at my school right now and have to deal with a temperamental copier on a daily basis. If the paper's not aligned properly, it's not going to make things easy for you. And how could I forget the scene where Kaname demands to see what's under Shun's skirt? Masaki's reaction was the cherry on top. We haven't seen her in a few episodes (I'm not counting Chizuru's manga) and what a re-entrance! No one harasses her waifu!

Kimi to Boku Episode 9 Screenshot 5
Kimi to Boku Episode 9 Screenshot 6
Kimi to Boku Episode 9 Screenshot 7

So as you can tell, I got a lot of enjoyment out of this episode. I've hit that point in the series where I'm just full-on enjoying it. Sure, it's got its flaws, and while I would like more of what episode seven did (which will probably become my favorite episode of the series), comedy seems to be this series' constant, since it always gets more than a few laughs from me. I also appreciate the flashes of character development here and there, like in this episode where at the very end Kaname realizes that while his friends tease him, they're more reliable than the people who threw all of their responsibilities onto him throughout the day. It should be interesting to see how the haunted house turns out, and if all the trouble that went into it pays off. I'm also glad that the show listened to my wish from last week: more cross-dressing Shun! This time we got an Alice in Wonderland theme, and the roles matched pretty well... And I agree with Shun's imagination, Kaname was rocking that dress. I'm pretty curious to see what the girls in the class will put him in as we move out of fantasy mode. And this is a good point to note that there was a lot more fujoshi bait in this episode than in previous ones... At least, that I've noticed. It's very easy to ignore if you don't like that kind of thing. As for me, I'm here for the laughs. And potential love triangle drama. And Shun cross-dressing. It's all about the entertainment!

Images from Crunchyroll.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment