Monday, October 17, 2011

Kimi to Boku. Episode 3--Entschuldigung

Kimi to Boku Episode 3 Screenshot 1

The final member has appeared! Yet the show is still the same...

Kimi to Boku Episode 3 Screenshot 2
Kimi to Boku Episode 3 Screenshot 3
Kimi to Boku Episode 3 Screenshot 4

His name is Chizuru Tachibana, and according to MAL he's half Japanese. I'm sure that the show will get to that eventually. Anyway, apparently Chizuru met Yuki in a park one time when they were both little kids, and he still remembers him. Yuki insists that he doesn't, and so it goes. I'm starting to get used to the pace of this show. I did notice that it wasn't until about nine minutes in when the show mentioned that Chizuru might have mixed up the twins, but since it's already been well established that this show likes to take it really slow. Anyway, as it turns out, Yuki was only pretending not to know Chizuru because he still feels guilty about accidentally knocking him out of a tree the last time that he saw him. But they reconcile when the twins save Chizuru from some bubblegum-blowing bullies and Chizuru tells Yuki that he doesn't need to apologize for what happened because he had fun. And once again, everything is resolved and everyone is friends, like with the freshman girl from last week only with less rocks.

Kimi to Boku Episode 3 Screenshot 5
Kimi to Boku Episode 3 Screenshot 6
Kimi to Boku Episode 3 Screenshot 7

I'm not really sure what I see in this show. I'm still enjoying myself despite the fact that the biggest problem in the episode, once again, is that the boys don't act like boys. I have some hope for Chizuru, since he immediately talked to the girl next to him before noticing Yuki, and then refused to believe Shun's real gender ("Don't call her a boy! She's just flat chested!" LOL), but as for Yuki there were still some random moments. Who holds hands while running away from bullies? And if someone had noticed him blatantly staring at Chizuru's midsection in swim class, there are bound to be some rumors (although that one makes more sense once you have the context of the cut he got when he fell out of the tree). I'm not going to harp on the animation anymore, since it seems to not care that it's QUALITY. I do like the humor in this show (Chizuru finally realizing that Shun was a boy was hilarious) but those moments don't happen often enough to justify why I like the rest of it. I guess I just like the atmosphere that this show creates, even though it does take me out of the supposed "realism" when the boys don't act like boys. Maybe now that the cast is assembled and the show has to do something else with the storyline other that introduce characters, I'll be able to figure out what's kept me coming back so far. Or maybe it's just the cats.

Images from Crunchyroll.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment