Thursday, September 8, 2011

Blood-C Episode 9--Massacre

Blood-C Episode 9 Screenshot 1

I'm not sure if there's enough blood in this show. They should add some more. /sarcasm

Blood-C Episode 9 Screenshot 2
Blood-C Episode 9 Screenshot 3
Blood-C Episode 9 Screenshot 4

All kidding aside, there was a crazy amount of blood in this episode, even for a show that has the word "blood" in its name. The majority of the episode was the monster going around eating all of the students except for Saya and the class president, although I'm not really sure how he's alive since one of the scenes made it look like he died too. Oh well, the point is despite Saya's "promise" to protect everyone, she fails miserably due to the fact that she can't defeat Elder Bairns unless she's in her red eyes rage mode. And also as expected, there were a plethora of censors in this episode as well. The show does seem to be a little strange about what and how it decides to censor, though. There was a scene where the Elder Bairn was already chopped up into little bits, yet there was a blur censor over everything, which struck me as odd, since it was still obvious what the objects were.

Blood-C Episode 9 Screenshot 5
Blood-C Episode 9 Screenshot 6
Blood-C Episode 9 Screenshot 7

Moving on however, there were some very slight progressions in the plot... which is to say that it's still dropping hints but not giving answers. At the very least, it's made clear in this episode that many viewer's suspicions about Saya are probably true; she's not who she thinks she is, rattling off "facts" about herself like a robot or a kid taking a state capital test and her "mother" might not exist at all. The obvious conspiracy surrounding who Saya really is becomes more obvious when Saya herself is pointing out inconsistencies when she talks to Tokizane; why was only their class called back to school? Where were the other teachers and students? And how long has she been going to that school anyway? These questions point towards larger ones that I've been wondering about myself, so maybe this is the way the show is telling its viewers that it will explain things soon. In any case, with only three more episodes to go the plot really needs to pick up its feet and provide something more concrete than theory fodder and a monster-of-the-week battle (although I've felt that way for the last few episodes).

Blood-C Episode 9 Screenshot 8

I kinda want a Waka-inu plushie now.


Blood-C Censor Corner

Blood-C Episode 9 Censor Screenshot 1
Blood-C Episode 9 Censor Screenshot 2
Blood-C Episode 9 Censor Screenshot 3
Blood-C Episode 9 Censor Screenshot 4
Blood-C Episode 9 Censor Screenshot 5
Blood-C Episode 9 Censor Screenshot 6

R.I.P.


Images from NicoNico.com.

13 comments:

  1. Yuka got ripped on two pieces.. DX..

    anyways so the suspects are still Saya's Father, Fumito, Teacher, class rep, and Tokizane...

    and lol!! I was my way on barfing while watching this ep.... niconico quality are really bad.. :/ (I got forced to watch it cause the fansub release is uber delayed DX)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rien Akatsuki

    Yeah, I'm kinda sad that Yuka is dead; she seemed like she could have been an interesting character, but oh well.

    NicoNico is kinda random with their release times too. Sometimes it's in the morning, other times it's at like four in the afternoon... -_-

    ReplyDelete
  3. sadness isn't it?
    oh well, there is nothing we can do about it :/ better wait for the next ep DX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of topic but-- thanks for linking to my blog! If you don't mind, I can link back too. XD

    This show is really frustrating with all these questions and all, but wow the gore in this show is just-- very hard to watch. Which is a good thing, I think. D:

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! the gore is too much than Kara no Kyoukai xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mira

    No problem! Feel free to link back! I like to link all the blogs I read, so... XD

    The gore is probably the most well-done part in this show, although I agree that it's getting really hard to watch. I made the mistake of eating Goldfish crackers while watching this episode. When the Elder Bairn started crunching on people... DX I'm not doing that again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "which struck me as odd, since it was still obvious what the objects were."

    Perhaps it was a case of animators getting lazy =p

    Actually, I just think that the censorship laws just does not permit any obvious "gruesomeness" but your imagination is free to run wild. =p

    "And also as expected, there were a plethora of censors in this episode as well."

    Actually, I think that this episode had lesser censored scenes with most of the deaths occuring off screen or left to the imagination. The use of black instead of white did wonders to the censoring though. It does not stick out as much as the white screen version.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @saranaufogus

    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that it's because of censorship law, but what's the point of censoring when it's obvious what's behind the blur? :|

    And I like the black censors a lot more than the white as well. Somehow shadows seem more logical than random beams of light.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do agree on that...I.G sometimes is lazy to do animations (w/c is obviously they animate the OP or ED and one will be a static/slideshow) :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure that it's because of censorship law, but what's the point of censoring when it's obvious what's behind the blur? :| "

    True, perhaps they feel that the younger and more impressionable generation might be less inclined to follow through with what they see and just let it remain in their imagination? I guess it is a case of visuals being more impactful and "motivating" than the imagination. =/

    "I do agree on that...I.G sometimes is lazy to do animations"

    No surprise there =/ Some studios just cant afford to waste time animating. Apparently with animation the director or key animators will draw the main frames of point one and point two and the in-between animators will have to pick up the crap and just make sure the actions follows through from point one to two. Even I would lose my motivation to produce quality if that is what I had to do day in day out. sigh... especially with the low pay grade.

    @confusedmuse, would you like to exchange blog links? =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apparently I am unable to understand how your commenting system works. =p cant seem to get the nickname thing down. heh. sorry. (the above post was me, Saranaufogus)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @otakuness/saranaufogus

    No problem! Blogspot has a pretty weird commenting system. I need to look into getting it customized so that it works normally. >_< And sure, I'd love to exchange blog links. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol, apparently I selected the "remember me" function and I am now known as otakuness instead of Saranaufogus on my computer. =_=" I gotta figure a way around that cos I am not the only blogger on the blog. =P But I am digressing from the topic. =D

    ReplyDelete