Thursday, October 17, 2013

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 2--Teleportation Skill Unlocked

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 2 Screenshot 1

The hype is already building, and it's only the second episode!

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 2 Screenshot 2 Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 2 Screenshot 3

Sorry about the delay! I actually had this written up on Sunday, but thanks to school I had no time to put the images in until now. Expect my blogging schedule to be weird from here on out; my last year of grad school tops blogging anime. And then there's that copy of Pokemon X singing its siren song at me...

Anyway, this week was more of a "signs of things to come" kind of episode, giving us a little bit of a preview before the Winter Cup stuff gets underway. I admit, I was expecting them to get stomped by Atsushi and Tatsuya, but I guess showing off their skills would ruin some of the tension in an actual tournament match. They can't spoil the surprise this early, I suppose. I am glad that the episode took a bit more time to introduce Atsushi properly, though. I definitely like him as a character; the contrast between his huge size and his immature personality is interesting. He also verbalized a question that's been bugging me for a while now:

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 2 Screenshot 4
Thank you
Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 2 Screenshot 5 Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 2 Screenshot 6

I'm also pretty interested in how he gets along with Kuroko, since they're presented as holding completely opposite mindsets when it comes to basketball. I don't think that it's a stretch to say that Atsushi isn't passionate about anything despite his insistence that he likes winning. His dislike of people who have a love of the sport but lack the skill to face him doesn't make much sense otherwise, since if he had ever liked something that much it would be easier for him to see where his opponents are coming from. Meanwhile, Kuroko has previously made his thoughts on people who play without love very clear. I look forward to the idealogical standoff in the future.

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 2 Screenshot 7 Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 2 Screenshot 8

Not much else happened aside from Satsuki showing up out of the blue to explain why Aomine wasn't in the finals. The final member of the Generation of Miracles that we haven't seen yet was hyped up a bit more, and it looks like Kuroko is developing another superpower. I'm excited to see how that will play if he manages to perfect it by the tournament, as well as seeing how Kagami will deal with Tatsuya's unexplained method of passing through people's guards. The two are probably related somehow, since they both involve getting around an opponent. The wait for the tournament is already killing me!

Images from Crunchyroll.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment