Friday, April 6, 2012

Polar Bear Cafe First Impressions--You Pass!

Polar Bear Cafe First Impressions Screenshot 1

The standard by which all comedy slice-of-life shows will be judged hereafter.

Polar Bear Cafe First Impressions Screenshot 2 Polar Bear Cafe First Impressions Screenshot 3 Polar Bear Cafe First Impressions Screenshot 4

In all seriousness though, I really liked this episode. Really really liked this episode. And what's not to like? It's a show about talking animals, and despite that premise it handles itself in a surprisingly realistic way, starting with the way the animals look and continuing on through their character traits. What do people generally know about pandas? They sit around and eat bamboo, right? So wouldn't a talking panda be a lazy bum? That's the kind of logic this show uses, and I'm hooked since I find it hilarious. I also like the idea of zoos in this world as places of employment for the animals where they put on a show for the visitors. I wonder how most animals in this world feel about this. Is it considered degrading? Anyway, the only weak part of the show in my opinion were the puns, when the polar bear would continuously mishear someone. Those parts felt like they were just padding for time. Regardless, I'm sold on this show. If it keeps this up (or even gets better!) then this will easily be one of my favorites this season.

Images from Crunchyroll.com

No comments:

Post a Comment